DVLA Contact Number Customer Services

How To Contact DVLA Support?

Find List Of free DVLA Contact phone number below. Get information on driving licence, vehicle registration and car tax.

DVLA contact number 0300 790 6802
Driver licensing enquiries 0300 790 6802
Vehicle tax 0300 790 6802
Vehicle registration 0300 790 6806
Driver Check Service contact 0300 790 6801
Theory test enquiry 0906 737 0013
Drivers’ medical enquiries 0300 790 6819
Car tax with translation 09061 393 837

Is there a special procedure I need to follow to get my vehicle taxed?

You can easily tax your car, motorcycle, or any other vehicle with the help of a reference number you must have received from a warning letter issued from DVLA or may be through a latest reminder (V11). Your vehicle log book (V5C) will also come handy. Make sure the book has your name.

You have the provision of making the payments via credit card, debit card, or Direct Debit.

Contact DVLA

Direct DVLA Contact Number - DVLA Contact Number for Customer Service

Do I need to register my vehicle as off the road (SORN)?

It is imperative, as per the rules, to inform DVLA if you are interested in taking your vehicle off the road. At times, it is known as Statutory Off Road Notification). You can take your vehicle off the road immediately with the help of 11-digit number on your vehicle log book (V5C). You won’t be able to use your vehicle until you have taxed it once again.

Call DVLA Contact Number - 0872 164 0033 Qwikfix

How can I view and share my licence details?

The service can be used to do the following –

  • Have a look at your driving record such as, all the vehicles you can drive.
  • You can also check your penalty points or any disqualifications.
  • You can easily create a licence ‘check code’. This will help you to share your driving record with someone, such as a car rental company.

Make sure you know that the check code is only valid for 21 days.

You will be needing following things –

  • The postcode of your driving licence.
  • Your driving licence number.
  • Your National Insurance Number.

Contact The DVLA on phone

Why is it important to have a log book (V5C)?

You will need to have a new log book (V5C) in case it has been stolen, damaged or destroyed. You can apply via phone if you are a registered keeper on the log book. You will need to pay £25 through credit or debit card. In case your name, address, or vehicle details have changed, then you won’t be able to apply via phone and instead you will have to apply via post.

You will have to wait for five days before you receive your replacement log book.

Is it possible to replace a lost or damaged MOT certificate?

You can have a replacement MOT certificate from your nearest MOT centre, in case you have lost or damaged the original one. You can easily have the replacement by doing the following things –

  • You can get in touch with any MOT centre
  • You need to provide them two things – Vehicle registration and log book (V5C) reference number.
  • When you have done all the formalities, you will be given a replacement certificate.

You won’t be able to apply for a replacement online.

Is it important to change your address or name on your log book (V5C)?

If you have changed your name and address, it is imperative you update your log book (V5C). You don’t need to pay anything to update it. In case, you havent changed your address, then you will be fined £1,000.

What you need to do –

You can do the following three things –

  • In the section 6 of your log book, you should write your new name and address. Make sure you don’t tick the ‘new keeper’ box.
  • In case you are changing your name, you can include a note saying that you will be changing your name.
  • Make sure you have sent the log book to DVLA.

DVLA Swansea Contact Number

What are the things I should know about changing details on a V5C registration certificate (log book)?

There are three questions in relation to changing details on a V5C –

  • When to update your V5C?
  • What evidence you should give?
  • How to update your V5C?

When to update your V5C?

It is important to update your details on the registration certificate to inform DVLA about –

  • Any mistakes on V5C.
  • Most changes you have made to your vehicle.

Changes you need to update –

It is important to update your V5C if you have done the following changes –

  • Fuel type.
  • Colour.
  • Seating capacity.
  • Engine.
  • Chassis or bodyshell.
  • Cylinder capacity (cc).

DVLA Customer Services

Changes may need inspection –

  • Chassis number.
  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
  • Wheel plan.
  • Frame number for motorcycles.

DVLA will be informing you if they need to inspect the change.

What evidence you should give?

It is important you have given DVLA proof or a written confirmation in case you make any of the following changes to your vehicle. The update of your V5C will be rejected if you don’t.

Change of engine number or cylinder capacity (CC) –

You will have to provide either –

  • An inspection report provided for insurance reasons.
  • A receipt for the replacement engine.
  • Written evidence from the manufacturer.

Contact DVLA Personalised Registrations

   Change of fuel type –

You will have to provide evidence if –

  • Your current engine is converted – it is important that the confirmation is on headed paper from the same garage that did the changes.
  • A fresh engine is fitted – provide the receipt as confirmation.

How to update your V5C?

If there are any changes, make sure you mark on section 7 of your V5C and sign it. You need to send it to DVLA along with other required proof.

Where to send your V5C –

Make sure you send it to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1DZ in case you have made the following changes –

  • Weight of a goods vehicle.
  • Fuel type.
  • Number of seats on a bus.
  • Engine size (cc).

What are the legal obligations of the drivers and riders?

You need to do so many things before you drive a car or a motorcycle. These things comprise of – registering your vehicle, paying tax, a driving licence, getting an MOT, and making sure it is insured.

Before your ride or drive, there are certain things you should do –

  • It is important you meet the minimum eyesight rules.
  • It is important you have a driving licence.
  • It is important you meet the minimum riding or driving age.

Vehicle requirements –

  • It is important that your vehicle has a current MOT certificate.
  • It is important your vehicle is registered with DVLA.
  • You need to up to date your vehicle tax.

DVLA Contact Number for All Customer Service Queries

Changes to personal or vehicle details –

It is imperative to inform DVLA if –

  • You have changed both your name and address.
  • If you have or developed a medical condition.
  • If you have made any changes to your vehicle.
  • If you are interested in selling your vehicle.

Is it necessary to identify the documents required for a driving licence application?

It is mandatory to send an identity document along with your application but if you are having a UK biometric passport then you don’t need to. There is no need to send in the passport, instead using 9-digit passport will do.

In the event you don’t have a biometric passport, you will have to send the following identity documents –

  • A travel document.
  • An existing passport.
  • A BRP (Biometric Residence Permit).
  • An EEA (European Economic Area) and EU (European Union) national identity card.

How can I track my driving licence application?

If you have made an online driving licence application earlier, you can easily track the progress of your application.

Before you can start, there are certain things you should know –

  • You will receive your driving licence within a week of completing your online application.
  • You will also need to have Government Gateway ID and password.
  • You can also ask for the new Government Gateway ID and password if you have forgotten.

DVLA Contact Phone Number

How can I apply for full driving licence?

As soon as you pass your practical diving test, you are eligible to apply for a full driving licence. In the event you are still carrying a photocard provisional driving licence with your old name and address & you haven’t made any alterations, then in that case it will be your examiner who will be sending your driving licence pass certificate to DVLA. You will get your full driving licence within three weeks.

Can I check someone’s driving licence details?

Yes, you can use this service in order to check the driving licence details of any individual, such as – disqualifications and penalty points. In order to do this, you will need to have two things –

  • A check code from the driver.
  • Their diving licence number’s last eight characters.

It is imperative you have used the code within 21 days and you are allowed to use the code only once. If you want to carry out another check, then you need to have another code.

Can I replace a lost, damaged, stolen driving licence?

In this case, you will be given a replacement provisional or full driving licence online with DVLA. Government Gateway ID can be used to apply. If you don’t have the ID and you still want to register, you will be provided the ID as a part of your application.

If somehow you find your old licence later, then make sure you have given it to DVLA. You can send your old licence to the following address –



SA99 1AB

What are the rules for electric bikes?

In Britain, if your age is 14 or more, then you don’t require a licence to ride an electric bike. But, it is important that the electric bike meets certain requirements and moreover, they don’t need to be taxed, insured, or registered. There is a term given to the electric bikes if they successfully meet the requirements – (EAPCs). They can have two or more than two wheels, such as bicycle or tricycle.

DVLA Contact Telephone Number

EAPC requirements –

There are specific requirements for EAPC –

  • The maximum output power of the motor should not be over 250 watts.
  • It is imperative that the bike have pedals that can be used to propel the bike.
  • If the bike is travelling at a speed of 15.5 mph, the electric motor should not be able to propel the bike.

Where can I ride an EAPC –

If the bike successfully meets the requirements, then it will be classified as a conventional paddle bike. This will mean you can ride the bike on the cycle paths and at all those places where the paddle bikes are allowed.

What should I know about emissions testing?

There are strict laws when it comes to vehicle’s exhaust emissions, in case your vehicle’s emissions are on a higher side, you will not be issued an MOT (ministry of transport) certificate. As a part of MOT, every vehicle undergoes a test for exhaust emissions and the testing is being done using a meter.

If your vehicle is not able to pass the emissions test, then it will also not qualify for MOT. It is imperative you have found a resolution for the issue before you get an MOT certificate. The only vehicles which are exempted from the emissions test are as follows –

  • Hybrid vehicles.
  • Vehicles with less than 4 weeks.
  • Quadricycles.
  • Vehicles with 2-stroke engines.

Roadside Checks –

Make sure you are well-aware of the fact that your vehicle can also be checked during a roadside inspection. If your vehicle fails the inspection, you will be issued a prohibition notice. As per this notice, you will be given a time period of ten days and within these 10 days, you will have to resolve the issue or you may have to face the prosecution.

What are the rules for license plates (number plates)?

Contact details and numbers for DVLA Swansea

It is imperative that your vehicle should show the licence plates clearly. Make sure you have not rearranged the letters or numbers making it hard to read. If you have, then you could be fined up to £ 1,000 and moreover, your car won’t be able to pass MOT test.

Rules for number plates –

  • It is important your rear number plate should display black characters with a yellow background.
  • As for the front number plate, it should display black characters with a white background.
  • It is imperative your licence plate should be made of a reflec
  • Your licence plate should not have abackground pattern.

Am I allowed to put a registration number on my vehicle?

You can use this service only –

  • If your vehicle is registered with DVLA.
  • If your vehicle is available for inspection.
  • If your vehicle is taxed or SORN has been set up for the last 5 years.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *