How to tax your vehicle through DVLA?

You can tax your vehicle by the following methods:

METHOD 1: V11 Certificate

To tax your vehicle through DVLA, you will require a reminder letter named as “V11”.

How to make a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification)?

dvla tax vehicle enquiry -  dvla tax vehicle check

In case you don’t have a reminder letter, you can use the following:

  • A “V5C” registration certificate also called as logbook. The certificate must be in your name. If you do not have this certificate, you can  get a replacement .

Related: Argos Customer Services  –  Santander Customer Service   –   ASOS Contact Number    –   PayPal Customer Service    –   HMRC Contact Number

V5C  registration certificate

  • If you have just bought a vehicle, then you will need the new keeper supplement which is “V5C/2”.


  • Your “last chance” warning letter.

METHOD 2:Via Phone

Call at DVLA contact number: 0300 123 4321. You will be charged 12p/minute if you are calling from UK landline phones and if you are using mobiles, then the charges will be from 3p to 45p/minute.

ALSO READ  Passport Office contact number

METHOD 3: Via Post

In this case, you need to visit the local Post Office that deals with vehicle taxation. You will require payment and one of the following things at the time of taxation:

  1. A “V5C” registration certificate that must be registered in your name.

tax your vehicle through DVLA

  1. A vehicle tax reminder letter known as “V11”.

  2. If you have bought a vehicle then you will require a new keeper supplement known as “V5C/2”.

  1. A MOT test certificate of your vehicle.

vehicle tax and sorn X  tax your vehicle

  1. A pollution certificate.

  2. If you are living in Northern Ireland, then you will require an insurance certificate or cover note.

If you are facing problems while making taxation to your vehicle, simply give a call on DVLA contact number which is 0844 696 0055.

Leave a Reply